Charges of drunken driving in Atlanta must be taken very seriously — they carry severe penalties that include heavy fines, jail time, license suspension, and a criminal record. Regardless of your innocence, anyone charged with driving under the influence needs to retain a qualified DUI attorney in Georgia to ensure the best results for the case.
What to look for in an Atlanta, Ga DUI attorney
All Atlanta DUI attorneys are not created equal. The best Atlanta, GA DUI attorneys for your case have exceptional skills and experience defending this specialized type of case. You should look for the following attributes when interviewing drunken driving attorneys:
- A special DUI focus: When the practice of an Atlanta, GA drunken driving attorney focuses primarily on DUI defense, you can be assured that he or she is up-to-date on new laws and precedents that can be valuable in your defense. Attorneys who practice many areas of the law may not have the same knowledge base when it comes to Georgia drunken-driving accidents. Don’t let this hurt your Georgia DUI defense case.
- High success rate: Look for a DUI attorney in Georgia who has represented many clients and has a high rate of achieving acquittals.
- Strong understanding of defendant rights: A successful defense is often created when police do not follow the legal process, usurping the rights of a defendant. A skilled Georgia drunken driving attorney analyzes your case looking for any indiscretion that may tip the scale in your favor.
- Specialized resources: All the best DUI attorneys in Georgia have a variety of resources readily available for their clients. Your attorney should have resources on hand to investigate cases, provide expert witnesses in court, and even offer counseling services for clients and their families.
- Good communication skills: Every DUI attorney in Atlanta must be able to communicate clearly so clients can understand their options and make appropriate decisions. Equally important, the attorney must listen and understand what their clients say to them.
- Compassion: The best Georgia drunken driving attorneys recognize that facing DUI charges can be frightening. They know how to put their clients at ease to alleviate their stress.
Contact our board-certified DUI attorney here in Georgia
Chestney & Sullivan has one of the few attorneys in Georgia who is board-certified in DUI defense. If you face Georgia DUI charges, you need an experienced local DUI attorney who knows how to fight these cases. Whether you know you are innocent, or even if you feel you cannot avoid conviction, contact Chestney & Sullivan today at 404-816-8777 for the experienced support you need for your case.