Atlanta, GA DUI Law
DUI laws in Georgia take drunken driving seriously and impose harsh punishment for anyone convicted. Every year it seems the Georgia Assembly comes up with new and creative laws to enhance penalties for a DUI conviction. The possibility of acquittal often seems hopeless under DUI law in Georgia—police can conduct tests to collect evidence as soon as they stop an individual, giving them an ample amount of time to build a case against you. Those facing DUI charges are usually discouraged from even talking to an attorney because they believe the case against them is open and shut. But all hope is not lost, there are many successful defenses to the prosecution of a DUI case that the Georgia lawyers at Chestney & Sullivan are trained to look for and exploit.
Protections under Georgia drunken driving law
While Georgia drunken driving laws are strict, many Atlanta DUI laws and process requirements provide options for building a strong defense, including the following:
- Constitutional protections governing rights of the individual during the initial stop, information gathered at the scene, and evidence admissibility at trial
- Protections under Atlanta DUI law surrounding scientific issues involving the breath or blood test, included absorption rates and the impact of prescription drugs
- Recognition of the subjectivity of the arresting officer’s observations and diligence in completing the written report of the incident
Your chances for an acquittal are not hopeless if your Georgia DUI lawyer has strong experience defending charges based on drunken driving law in Atlanta and throughout Georgia. Chestney & Sullivan have the resources and skills to investigate every aspect of your stop and arrest to find the best options for your defense.
Understanding drunken driving law in Georgia is key to every defense
At Chestney & Sullivan all we do is defend DUI charges in Georgia. We understand the complex details of DUI law in Atlanta and know how to look at the individual circumstances of each case to build a strong defense. Our firm has helped countless clients facing DUI charges and can do the same for you.
That said, it is also helpful for individuals to understand the drunken driving laws in Atlanta and throughout the state. You can educate yourself by learning about some of the issues behind DUI law in Atlanta and throughout Georgia. Take the time to review the following topics:
- The ten-day rule (now changed to 30 days effective 7/1/2017)
- DUI glossary
- Field sobriety tests (FST) examined
- What if my child is charged with DUI?
- What are the punishments for DUI?
- How do I build an effective defense?
- Are penalties different if an accident is involved?
- What are my rights if arrested for DUI?
- What are the police allowed to do on a stop?
- How to find an experienced law firm
- Entering Canada after a DUI arrest or conviction
- Boating under the influence (BUI) in Georgia
- Georgia court information: addresses, phone numbers and websites
Contact Chestney & Sullivan for experienced legal support
The more you know about DUI law in Atlanta, the better you will be able to work with your DUI attorney. But, do not try to handle the situation yourself — contact Chestney & Sullivan today at 404.816.8777 for the experienced support you need for your case. An experienced Georgia DUI attorney is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to discuss your case.