If you have been arrested for a DUI in Georgia, experienced DUI trial attorneys James “Skip” Sullivan and Bob Chestney are available to discuss your case anytime – including after-hours and weekends! Call us at 404.816.8777 (office), Mr. Sullivan’s mobile phone: 404.290.2151 (call or text), or email at Skip@dui-lawyer.com; Bob@dui-lawyer.com
Georgia takes driving under the influence (DUI) seriously, imposing potentially heavy fines, license suspension, and even jail time for convictions. Unfortunately, not everyone charged with this crime is guilty and many errors made in an arrest can taint the evidence against you. Only the best, most experienced Georgia DUI lawyers have the knowledge needed to unravel state laws and prepare the best possible defense in your Georgia DUI case. Below are some answers on how to find an experienced DUI lawyer in Georgia.
Qualities to look for in a DUI law firm in Georgia
If you face DUI charges in Georgia, you need to make an effort to find an attorney with the skills and services required to present the best possible defense. This means you need to ask the right questions. When you interview an Atlanta, GA DUI lawyer, look for the following qualities:
- A history of success: Find out if the Georgia DUI lawyer has been successful when defending cases like yours. We are happy to show prospective clients the statistics of our past cases. Our firm even provides case details on our website. Depending on the seriousness of the charges, success may mean anything from full acquittal, to reduction of penalties, or skilled appeals handling.
- A focus on DUI: Where many criminal lawyers include DUI in their practice, the best Georgia DUI lawyers are the ones that focuses exclusively on DUI defense. Our experienced DUI lawyers handle nothing but DUI defense – and has done so effectively and exclusively for over 20 years! Our DUI lawyers have produced successful outcomes for a wide variety of Georgia DUI cases — and may be able to do the same for you.
- Individualized support: Many Atlanta DUI lawyers take a cookie-cutter approach when constructing Georgia DUI defenses. While you want your Atlanta DUI lawyer to take advantage of everything learned from past cases, they must consider every factor of your specific case to ensure that your DUI defense is effective. We customize our approach by looking at the details of your case.
- Specialized resources: DUI lawyers in Georgia must be able to provide forensic investigators and expert witnesses to help refute evidence against you. Additionally, the best Atlanta DUI lawyers should be able to provide access to counseling services for you and your family when you need it.
- Compassion and communication: Facing DUI charges is a very emotional and confusing experience. Compassionate legal support makes every day easier while going through the legal process. During your initial interviews with DUI lawyers in Georgia, take note of whether you understand what the attorney is saying to you — and that the attorney is clearly receiving your message.
Well trained DUI attorneys in Georgia
Our Georgia DUI attorney focus exclusively on DUI and has one of the few Georgia DUI attorneys who is board-certified in DUI defense. All of our DUI lawyers constantly receive training in DUI defense and quite often teach other lawyers at training seminars. If you face Georgia DUI charges, you need experienced Atlanta DUI lawyers that know how to fight these cases. Whether you know you are innocent, or even if you feel you cannot avoid conviction, contact us today at 404-816-8777 for the experienced support you need for your DUI case.